- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Wars of the Roses
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, the British newspaper The London Observer publishes British lawyer Peter Benenson’s article “The Forgotten Prisoners” on its front page, la…
On the 200th anniversary of Samuel Colt’s birth, learn 10 surprising facts about the gun manufacturer and industrialist.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
As we celebrate the 175th anniversary of his landmark achievement, here are six things you may not know about the inventor of the telegraph.
Explore the life of Louis Daguerre, whose birthday is celebrated in today’s Google Doodle.