- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Bodies of Japanese WWII Soldiers Found in Island Caves
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
On the 200th anniversary of Samuel Colt’s birth, learn 10 surprising facts about the gun manufacturer and industrialist.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
As we celebrate the 175th anniversary of his landmark achievement, here are six things you may not know about the inventor of the telegraph.
Explore the life of Louis Daguerre, whose birthday is celebrated in today’s Google Doodle.