- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Challenger explodes, 1986
At 11:38 a.m. EST, on January 28, 1986, the space shuttle Challenger lifts off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and Christa McAuliffe is on her way to becoming the…
On the 200th anniversary of Samuel Colt’s birth, learn 10 surprising facts about the gun manufacturer and industrialist.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
As we celebrate the 175th anniversary of his landmark achievement, here are six things you may not know about the inventor of the telegraph.
Explore the life of Louis Daguerre, whose birthday is celebrated in today’s Google Doodle.