- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Massive Icebergs Once Reached Florida Coast
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pablo Picasso born, 1881
Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain. Picasso's father was a professor of drawing,…
On the 200th anniversary of Samuel Colt’s birth, learn 10 surprising facts about the gun manufacturer and industrialist.
The first car designed and built by Ferdinand Porsche—an electric vehicle from 1898—was recently uncovered in an Austrian garage after more than a century.
The wife of an automotive pioneer made history when she set out on the world’s first road trip.
As we celebrate the 175th anniversary of his landmark achievement, here are six things you may not know about the inventor of the telegraph.
Explore the life of Louis Daguerre, whose birthday is celebrated in today’s Google Doodle.