- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- Japanese Mega-Submarine From WWII Discovered off Hawaii
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Edward VIII abdicates, 1936
After ruling for less than one year, Edward VIII becomes the first English monarch to voluntarily abdicate the throne. He chose to abdicate after the British go…
Researchers find a giant aircraft-carrier sub that was captured and sunk by the U.S. Navy nearly 70 years ago.
One hundred and sixty years after Commodore Matthew Perry “opened” Japan to the west, discover some surprising facts about the Japanese capital.
As news breaks that Venice is (still) sinking, explore other cities that have slipped beneath the waves.
Japan has vowed to locate the remains of an estimated 12,000 troops still missing since the Battle of Iwo Jima.
A recent study of samurai families’ remains suggests that lead-based makeup may have contributed to the decline of Japan’s Edo period.