- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1957, the United States detonates a 1.7 kiloton nuclear weapon in an underground tunnel at the Nevada Test Site (NTS), a 1,375 square mile resear…
Category: Jesus Christ
A scientific analysis has yielded a new age for the Shroud of Turin, contradicting claims that the relic is a fake.
A historian has put forth a new theory about the Shroud of Turin, suggesting it was painted by the Renaissance master Giotto and based on Jesus’ actual burial cloth.