- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
Category: Julius Caesar
On the 2,000th anniversary of his death, get the facts on the first Roman emperor.
Researchers think they’ve unearthed the very spot where conspiring senators assassinated Julius Caesar 2,056 years ago.
What did the Roman ruler experience after a mob of conspiring senators stabbed him 23 times?
Find out more about the intriguing history of leap year, as well as some fun facts and famous people with leap day birthdays.