- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- Scientists Reconstruct Dinosaur Chase in 3-D
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Surprising Civil War Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In Basel, Switzerland, Albert Hoffman, a Swiss chemist working at the Sandoz pharmaceutical research laboratory, accidentally consumes LSD-25, a synthetic drug …
Category: July 4th
After Hurricane Sandy battered the historic boardwalk in Coney Island, Brooklyn, one of its most iconic businesses was forced to close for the first time in its 96-year-history.
On the eve of Independence Day, get into the holiday spirit with five entertaining tales about Fourth of July celebrations at the White House.