- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The Last Hours of the Nixon Presidency, 40 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Alfred Hitchcock
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- The Twin Towers High-Wire Walk, 40 Years Ago
- The Battle of Mobile Bay, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1950, officials of the United States Lawn Tennis Association (USLTA) accept Althea Gibson into their annual championship at Forest Hills, New Yor…
Category: July 4th
A potential error in the official transcript of the Declaration of Independence may have led to a misunderstanding of the Founding Fathers’ intent.
After Hurricane Sandy battered the historic boardwalk in Coney Island, Brooklyn, one of its most iconic businesses was forced to close for the first time in its 96-year-history.
On the eve of Independence Day, get into the holiday spirit with five entertaining tales about Fourth of July celebrations at the White House.