- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- Egyptian Cemetery May Contain a Million Mummies
- U.S. Air Force Closes the Book on UFOs, 45 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1895, the world's first commercial movie screening takes place at the Grand Cafe in Paris. The film was made by Louis and Auguste Lumiere, t…
Category: July 4th
A potential error in the official transcript of the Declaration of Independence may have led to a misunderstanding of the Founding Fathers’ intent.
After Hurricane Sandy battered the historic boardwalk in Coney Island, Brooklyn, one of its most iconic businesses was forced to close for the first time in its 96-year-history.
On the eve of Independence Day, get into the holiday spirit with five entertaining tales about Fourth of July celebrations at the White House.