- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On May 27, 1941, the British navy sinks the German battleship Bismarck in the North Atlantic near France. The German death toll was more than 2,000. On February…
Category: Kennedy Assassination
Fifty years after the Kennedy assassination, find out what happened to eight figures whose lives became entwined with the events in Dealey Plaza.
Buyers are spending big money to own a piece of Kennedy history, from nearly $600,000 for the president’s leather jacket to $318,000 for a car he once rode in.
In an excerpt from his new book, author Steven M. Gillon details the final hours of Lee Harvey Oswald’s life.
As the world remembers the presidency of John F. Kennedy, here’s a look back at his final 100 days in office.
President John F. Kennedy was not the only one hit when gunfire erupted 50 years ago from Friday in downtown Dallas.