- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- Mandela Becomes a Free Man, 25 Years Ago
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1953, Cambridge University scientists James D. Watson and Frances H.C. Crick announce that they have determined the double-helix structure of DNA…
Category: Kennedy Assassination
Fifty years after the Kennedy assassination, find out what happened to eight figures whose lives became entwined with the events in Dealey Plaza.
Buyers are spending big money to own a piece of Kennedy history, from nearly $600,000 for the president’s leather jacket to $318,000 for a car he once rode in.
In an excerpt from his new book, author Steven M. Gillon details the final hours of Lee Harvey Oswald’s life.
As the world remembers the presidency of John F. Kennedy, here’s a look back at his final 100 days in office.
President John F. Kennedy was not the only one hit when gunfire erupted 50 years ago from Friday in downtown Dallas.