- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- Researchers Unlock Key to Reading Damaged Scrolls From Pompeii Disaster
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
U.S. President Harry S. Truman publicly announces his decision to support the development of the hydrogen bomb, a weapon theorized to be hundreds of times more …
Category: Kennedy Assassination
Fifty years after the Kennedy assassination, find out what happened to eight figures whose lives became entwined with the events in Dealey Plaza.
Buyers are spending big money to own a piece of Kennedy history, from nearly $600,000 for the president’s leather jacket to $318,000 for a car he once rode in.
In an excerpt from his new book, author Steven M. Gillon details the final hours of Lee Harvey Oswald’s life.
As the world remembers the presidency of John F. Kennedy, here’s a look back at his final 100 days in office.
President John F. Kennedy was not the only one hit when gunfire erupted 50 years ago from Friday in downtown Dallas.