- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York explodes in midair over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members aboar…
Category: Kennedy Assassination
Fifty years after the Kennedy assassination, find out what happened to eight figures whose lives became entwined with the events in Dealey Plaza.
Buyers are spending big money to own a piece of Kennedy history, from nearly $600,000 for the president’s leather jacket to $318,000 for a car he once rode in.
In an excerpt from his new book, author Steven M. Gillon details the final hours of Lee Harvey Oswald’s life.
As the world remembers the presidency of John F. Kennedy, here’s a look back at his final 100 days in office.
President John F. Kennedy was not the only one hit when gunfire erupted 50 years ago from Friday in downtown Dallas.