- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1793, George Washington lays the cornerstone to the United States Capitol building, the home of the legislative branch of American government. Th…
Category: Kennedy Assassination
Fifty years after the Kennedy assassination, find out what happened to eight figures whose lives became entwined with the events in Dealey Plaza.
Buyers are spending big money to own a piece of Kennedy history, from nearly $600,000 for the president’s leather jacket to $318,000 for a car he once rode in.
In an excerpt from his new book, author Steven M. Gillon details the final hours of Lee Harvey Oswald’s life.
As the world remembers the presidency of John F. Kennedy, here’s a look back at his final 100 days in office.
President John F. Kennedy was not the only one hit when gunfire erupted 50 years ago from Friday in downtown Dallas.