- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 23, 2002, about 50 Chechen rebels storm a Moscow theater, taking up to 700 people hostage during a sold-out performance of a popular musical. The sec…
Category: King Tut
Researchers believe he had a club foot, buck teeth and a feminine physique, along with multiple diseases.
A new hypothesis that King Tut was killed by a hippopotamus is the latest attempt to solve one of ancient history’s most perplexing riddles.
Researchers have used plant materials to establish a more accurate chronology of Egypt’s pharaohs.