- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Star Wars opens, 1977
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas’ blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theaters. Th…
Category: King Tut
Egyptian Museum workers accidentally snapped the beard off King Tut’s burial mask and then used epoxy to glue it back. Can the damage be repaired?
Researchers believe he had a club foot, buck teeth and a feminine physique, along with multiple diseases.
A new hypothesis that King Tut was killed by a hippopotamus is the latest attempt to solve one of ancient history’s most perplexing riddles.
Researchers have used plant materials to establish a more accurate chronology of Egypt’s pharaohs.