- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Brooklyn Bridge opens, 1883
After 14 years and 27 deaths while being constructed, the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River is opened, connecting the great cities of New York and Brooklyn fo…
Category: Korean War
Get a primer on the enigmatic nation and why it’s causing a global crisis.
Kim Jong Il, the notorious leader who controlled North Korea for 17 years, died Saturday, the country’s state-run media has announced.
In the wake of General Stanley McChrystal’s dismissal, comparisons have been made to Truman’s 1951 removal of Gen. MacArthur as commander of U.S. forces in Korea.