- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Star Wars opens, 1977
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas' blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theater…
Category: Leonardo da Vinci
The owners of a portrait known as the Isleworth Mona Lisa believe Leonardo da Vinci painted their version a decade before his iconic masterpiece.
A “Mona Lisa” replica at the Prado in Madrid was probably painted alongside the original by one of Leonardo da Vinci’s apprentices.
Find out about the 1911 Mona Lisa theft, which took place 100 years ago Sunday, and other sensational art capers.
Archaeologists are digging for the bones of the woman who may have sat for the “Mona Lisa.” Will facial reconstruction confirm her identity?