- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Nixon’s “Western White House” Listed for $75 Million
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 19, 1897, John J. McDermott of New York won the firstBoston Marathonwith a time of2:55:10. The Boston Marathon was the brainchild of Boston Athletic As…
Category: Leonardo da Vinci
A previously unknown painting by Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci may have been found in a Swiss bank vault.
The owners of a portrait known as the Isleworth Mona Lisa believe Leonardo da Vinci painted their version a decade before his iconic masterpiece.
A “Mona Lisa” replica at the Prado in Madrid was probably painted alongside the original by one of Leonardo da Vinci’s apprentices.
Find out about the 1911 Mona Lisa theft, which took place 100 years ago Sunday, and other sensational art capers.
Archaeologists are digging for the bones of the woman who may have sat for the “Mona Lisa.” Will facial reconstruction confirm her identity?