- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
Category: Leonardo da Vinci
A previously unknown painting by Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci may have been found in a Swiss bank vault.
The owners of a portrait known as the Isleworth Mona Lisa believe Leonardo da Vinci painted their version a decade before his iconic masterpiece.
A “Mona Lisa” replica at the Prado in Madrid was probably painted alongside the original by one of Leonardo da Vinci’s apprentices.
Find out about the 1911 Mona Lisa theft, which took place 100 years ago Sunday, and other sensational art capers.
Archaeologists are digging for the bones of the woman who may have sat for the “Mona Lisa.” Will facial reconstruction confirm her identity?