- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Barbie makes her debut, 1959
On this day in 1959, the first Barbie doll goes on display at the American Toy Fair in New York City. Eleven inches tall, with a waterfall of blond hair, Barbie…
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
As news of his death breaks, find out more about the ousted Libyan leader’s rise and fall.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.