- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Amphipolis Tomb May Belong to Alexander the Great’s Mother
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1890, an act of Congress creates Yosemite National Park, home of such natural wonders as Half Dome and the giant sequoia trees. Environmental tra…
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
As news of his death breaks, find out more about the ousted Libyan leader’s rise and fall.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.