- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- Two Tuskegee Airmen Die on Same Day in Los Angeles
- Archaeologists Discover Egyptian Tombs Belonging to Osiris and a Long-Forgotten Queen
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Australia Day, 1788
On January 26, 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip guides a fleet of 11 British ships carrying convicts to the colony of New South Wales, effectively founding Australi…
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
As news of his death breaks, find out more about the ousted Libyan leader’s rise and fall.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.