- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
- The Other Targets of Booth’s Murder Conspiracy
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kep…
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
As news of his death breaks, find out more about the ousted Libyan leader’s rise and fall.
The recent crisis in Libya is only the latest development in a long and tumultuous history of relations between the North African nation and the West.