- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Has Captain Kidd’s Treasure Been Found?
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Brooklyn Bridge opens, 1883
After 14 years and 27 deaths while being constructed, the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River is opened, connecting the great cities of New York and Brooklyn fo…
Two centuries ago, a brewery accident unleashed a deadly tidal wave of beer through a London neighborhood in one of history’s strangest disasters.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
A treatise by the pioneering statistician John Graunt, now on display at London’s Royal Society, provides a glimpse at life and death in the 1600s.