- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 19, 1897, John J. McDermott of New York won the first Boston Marathon with a time of 2:55:10. The Boston Marathon was the brainchild of Boston Athletic…
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
A treatise by the pioneering statistician John Graunt, now on display at London’s Royal Society, provides a glimpse at life and death in the 1600s.