- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York explodes in midair over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members aboar…
Two centuries ago, a brewery accident unleashed a deadly tidal wave of beer through a London neighborhood in one of history’s strangest disasters.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
A treatise by the pioneering statistician John Graunt, now on display at London’s Royal Society, provides a glimpse at life and death in the 1600s.