- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- Scientists Seek Cholera DNA in Tuscan Cemetery
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Lindbergh baby kidnapped, 1932
On this day in 1932, in a crime that captured the attention of the entire nation, Charles Lindbergh III, the 20-month-old son of aviation hero Charles Lindbergh…
Find out about famous gangsters who became informants for the U.S. government, including the recently captured Whitey Bulger.
Al Capone’s gun will go up for auction next month, but a revolver that belonged the lesser-known gangster Cole Younger may fetch more money.
We take a look at some of the most significant Mafia busts in the history of the organized crime network.