- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 23, 2002, about 50 Chechen rebels storm a Moscow theater, taking up to 700 people hostage during a sold-out performance of a popular musical. The sec…
According to a new book, centuries-old maps may reveal that Marco Polo sailed to the New World 200 years before Christopher Columbus.
A Belgian map collector has found what may be the oldest known globe to depict the New World, dating to the early 1500s and engraved on the shell of an ostrich egg.
A previously unknown copy of the map credited with popularizing the name “America” has turned up in a university library in Munich.