- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Jimmy Hoffa disappears, 1975
On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard…
An Egyptian princess is the earliest known sufferer of heart disease, according to a recent study suggesting clogged arteries have plagued civilizations for millennia.
Last week, Charles Darwin became the latest “patient” at an annual conference that aims to unravel the medical mysteries of long-dead historical figures.
An intriguing account of ancient brain surgery in Tibet has been found in a 2,900-year-old collection of Buddhist texts.