- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Gunfire Erupts Inside U.S. Capitol, 60 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Dr. Seuss
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Paul McCartney knighted, 1997
On this day in 1997, Paul McCartney, a former member of the most successful rock band in history, The Beatles, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his "…
An Egyptian princess is the earliest known sufferer of heart disease, according to a recent study suggesting clogged arteries have plagued civilizations for millennia.
Last week, Charles Darwin became the latest “patient” at an annual conference that aims to unravel the medical mysteries of long-dead historical figures.
An intriguing account of ancient brain surgery in Tibet has been found in a 2,900-year-old collection of Buddhist texts.