- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Scientists Reconstruct Dinosaur Chase in 3-D
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
An Egyptian princess is the earliest known sufferer of heart disease, according to a recent study suggesting clogged arteries have plagued civilizations for millennia.
Last week, Charles Darwin became the latest “patient” at an annual conference that aims to unravel the medical mysteries of long-dead historical figures.
An intriguing account of ancient brain surgery in Tibet has been found in a 2,900-year-old collection of Buddhist texts.