- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1992, 1,800 United States Marines arrive in Mogadishu, Somalia, to spearhead a multinational force aimed at restoring order in the conflict-ridde…
An Egyptian princess is the earliest known sufferer of heart disease, according to a recent study suggesting clogged arteries have plagued civilizations for millennia.
Last week, Charles Darwin became the latest “patient” at an annual conference that aims to unravel the medical mysteries of long-dead historical figures.
An intriguing account of ancient brain surgery in Tibet has been found in a 2,900-year-old collection of Buddhist texts.