- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
NASA created, 1958
On this day in 1958, the U.S. Congress passes legislation establishing the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a civilian agency responsible f…
An unpaid bakery debt launched the Pastry War between France and Mexico 175 years ago and ultimately cost General Santa Anna his leg.
As Mexico celebrates Revolution Day (Día de la Revolución) today, get the facts on one of history’s most convoluted conflicts.
Researchers excavating the Maya settlement of Uxul, buried deep within the jungle, have uncovered the final resting place of a young prince.
Get the story behind the Cinco de Mayo holiday as the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Puebla approaches.
Mexican and British researchers have uncovered a possible reason for the mysterious collapse of one of the Western Hemisphere’s most advanced civilizations.
A trove of ceremonial offerings has been discovered under Teotihuacan’s Pyramid of the Sun, archaeologists announced Tuesday.
Excavations for a new Mexico City subway line have unearthed a number of important finds, including the remains of 50 Aztec children.