- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 10 Things You Should Know About Voltaire
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On November 27, 1095, Pope Urban II makes perhaps the most influential speech of the Middle Ages, giving rise to the Crusades by calling all Christians in Europ…
An unpaid bakery debt launched the Pastry War between France and Mexico 175 years ago and ultimately cost General Santa Anna his leg.
As Mexico celebrates Revolution Day (Día de la Revolución) today, get the facts on one of history’s most convoluted conflicts.
Researchers excavating the Maya settlement of Uxul, buried deep within the jungle, have uncovered the final resting place of a young prince.
Get the story behind the Cinco de Mayo holiday as the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Puebla approaches.
Mexican and British researchers have uncovered a possible reason for the mysterious collapse of one of the Western Hemisphere’s most advanced civilizations.
A trove of ceremonial offerings has been discovered under Teotihuacan’s Pyramid of the Sun, archaeologists announced Tuesday.
Excavations for a new Mexico City subway line have unearthed a number of important finds, including the remains of 50 Aztec children.