- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- Japanese Mega-Submarine From WWII Discovered off Hawaii
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Edward VIII abdicates, 1936
After ruling for less than one year, Edward VIII becomes the first English monarch to voluntarily abdicate the throne. He chose to abdicate after the British go…
An unpaid bakery debt launched the Pastry War between France and Mexico 175 years ago and ultimately cost General Santa Anna his leg.
As Mexico celebrates Revolution Day (Día de la Revolución) today, get the facts on one of history’s most convoluted conflicts.
Researchers excavating the Maya settlement of Uxul, buried deep within the jungle, have uncovered the final resting place of a young prince.
Get the story behind the Cinco de Mayo holiday as the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Puebla approaches.
Mexican and British researchers have uncovered a possible reason for the mysterious collapse of one of the Western Hemisphere’s most advanced civilizations.
A trove of ceremonial offerings has been discovered under Teotihuacan’s Pyramid of the Sun, archaeologists announced Tuesday.
Excavations for a new Mexico City subway line have unearthed a number of important finds, including the remains of 50 Aztec children.