- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The Christmas Truce, 1914
Just after midnight on Christmas morning, the majority of German troops engaged in World War I cease firing their guns and artillery and commence to sing Christ…
Category: Middle East
On the 145th anniversary of its opening, check out nine surprising facts about the canal that links the Eastern and Western worlds.
In November 1979, a group of Iranian students stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, beginning a 444-day ordeal that marked America’s first clash with militant Islam.
On the 125th anniversary of the birth of T.E. Lawrence, learn 10 surprising facts about the man known as “Lawrence of Arabia.”
After being spoken for 3,000 years, Aramaic, the language of Jesus, could soon be extinct.
As people around the globe celebrate World Handshake Day, explore eight of history’s most famous handshakes.