- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, amusement park lovers “head for the thrills” as Six Flags Over Texas, the first park in the Six Flags chain, opens. Located on 212 acres in…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Military History
Archaeologists have determined that animal bones found in an Austrian cellar are the remains of a 17th century Ottoman “war camel.”
On the eve of its 160th anniversary, take a look back at history’s most celebrated cavalry charge.
Delve into the history of America’s military on the 225th anniversary of its official founding.
As the U.S. military ends its policy of excluding women from combat, take a look back at women who have served on the front lines throughout history.