- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- Peru Plans First Contact with Isolated Amazonian Tribe
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
This Day in History
On August 3, 1958, the U.S. nuclear submarine Nautilus accomplishes the first undersea voyage to the geographic North Pole. The world’s first nuclear submarine,…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Mohandas Gandhi
Eighty-five years after Mahatma Gandhi conducted his famous Salt March, learn about one of the most legendary chapters in his campaign against British colonial rule in India.
On the 65th anniversary of the iconic Indian leader’s assassination, find out more about this life and legacy.