- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- Who was Stand Watie?
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Mohandas Gandhi
Eighty-five years after Mahatma Gandhi conducted his famous Salt March, learn about one of the most legendary chapters in his campaign against British colonial rule in India.
On the 65th anniversary of the iconic Indian leader’s assassination, find out more about this life and legacy.