- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Royal Diet of Richard III Revealed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Cent…
A number of nations are giving up paper currency. Could America be next?
The Bank of England announced this week that an image of the beloved author Jane Austen will be printed on the back of Britain’s 10-pound note—replacing famed naturalist Charles Darwin.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
On the 150th anniversary of the law creating a single national currency, explore eight surprising facts about American money.