- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Spot an Earth-Size Planet 500 Light-Years Away
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Charlie Chaplin
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
William Shakespeare born, 1564
According to tradition, the great English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare is born in Stratford-on-Avon on April 23, 1564. It is impossible to be certain …
A number of nations are giving up paper currency. Could America be next?
The Bank of England announced this week that an image of the beloved author Jane Austen will be printed on the back of Britain’s 10-pound note—replacing famed naturalist Charles Darwin.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
On the 150th anniversary of the law creating a single national currency, explore eight surprising facts about American money.