- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- World War II Begins, 75 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Union Troops Capture Atlanta, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1932, in his cell at Yerovda Jail near Bombay, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi begins a hunger strike in protest of the British government's deci…
A number of nations are giving up paper currency. Could America be next?
The Bank of England announced this week that an image of the beloved author Jane Austen will be printed on the back of Britain’s 10-pound note—replacing famed naturalist Charles Darwin.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
On the 150th anniversary of the law creating a single national currency, explore eight surprising facts about American money.