- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- Scientists Reconstruct Dinosaur Chase in 3-D
- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Surprising Civil War Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In Basel, Switzerland, Albert Hoffman, a Swiss chemist working at the Sandoz pharmaceutical research laboratory, accidentally consumes LSD-25, a synthetic drug …
A number of nations are giving up paper currency. Could America be next?
The Bank of England announced this week that an image of the beloved author Jane Austen will be printed on the back of Britain’s 10-pound note—replacing famed naturalist Charles Darwin.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
On the 150th anniversary of the law creating a single national currency, explore eight surprising facts about American money.