- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Dr. Seuss
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Rebellion in Tibet, 1959
On this day in 1959, Tibetans band together in revolt, surrounding the summer palace of the Dalai Lama in defiance of Chinese occupation forces. China's oc…
A number of nations are giving up paper currency. Could America be next?
The Bank of England announced this week that an image of the beloved author Jane Austen will be printed on the back of Britain’s 10-pound note—replacing famed naturalist Charles Darwin.
The Federal Reserve has announced that a new version of the $100 bill will enter circulation this fall.
On the 150th anniversary of the law creating a single national currency, explore eight surprising facts about American money.