- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- Two Tuskegee Airmen Die on Same Day in Los Angeles
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Australia Day, 1788
On January 26, 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip guides a fleet of 11 British ships carrying convicts to the colony of New South Wales, effectively founding Australi…
On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11’s launch, read about the chilling presidential speech prepared in case disaster struck the moon landing.
The unmanned Chinese spacecraft Chang’e 3 and lunar rover Yutu (“Jade Rabbit”) made a historic landing on the moon this weekend.
Three new studies lend support to the theory that Earth’s satellite emerged from a fiery planetary smashup.
Explore the incredible career of astronaut Neil Armstrong, who died Saturday at 82.
As new research casts doubt on a leading theory about how the moon came into being, explore various lunar formation models.