- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Welles scares nation, 1938
Orson Welles causes a nationwide panic with his broadcast of "War of the Worlds"—a realistic radio dramatization of a Martian invasion of Earth. Orson…
On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11’s launch, read about the chilling presidential speech prepared in case disaster struck the moon landing.
The unmanned Chinese spacecraft Chang’e 3 and lunar rover Yutu (“Jade Rabbit”) made a historic landing on the moon this weekend.
Three new studies lend support to the theory that Earth’s satellite emerged from a fiery planetary smashup.
Explore the incredible career of astronaut Neil Armstrong, who died Saturday at 82.
As new research casts doubt on a leading theory about how the moon came into being, explore various lunar formation models.