- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, amusement park lovers “head for the thrills” as Six Flags Over Texas, the first park in the Six Flags chain, opens. Located on 212 acres in…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11’s launch, read about the chilling presidential speech prepared in case disaster struck the moon landing.
The unmanned Chinese spacecraft Chang’e 3 and lunar rover Yutu (“Jade Rabbit”) made a historic landing on the moon this weekend.
Three new studies lend support to the theory that Earth’s satellite emerged from a fiery planetary smashup.
Explore the incredible career of astronaut Neil Armstrong, who died Saturday at 82.
As new research casts doubt on a leading theory about how the moon came into being, explore various lunar formation models.