- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- In Reversal, Pearl Harbor Unknowns to Be Exhumed
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Gallipoli Campaign
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
- Mussolini’s Final Hours, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
From Cape Canaveral, Florida, Navy Commander Alan Bartlett Shepard Jr. is launched into space aboard the Freedom 7 space capsule, becoming the first American as…
On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11’s launch, read about the chilling presidential speech prepared in case disaster struck the moon landing.
The unmanned Chinese spacecraft Chang’e 3 and lunar rover Yutu (“Jade Rabbit”) made a historic landing on the moon this weekend.
Three new studies lend support to the theory that Earth’s satellite emerged from a fiery planetary smashup.
Explore the incredible career of astronaut Neil Armstrong, who died Saturday at 82.
As new research casts doubt on a leading theory about how the moon came into being, explore various lunar formation models.