- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Seventy-five years ago, Walt Disney made history with the release of the first-ever full-length animated feature, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”
In honor of Theodore Geisel’s birthday, here are some facts you may not know about the author of “The Cat in the Hat.”
Explore the history of Friday the 13th and find out whether this widely reviled day deserves its bad rap.
Movies based on real-life figures and historical events have proven a success at the Academy Awards.