- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1983, the Soviet Union releases a letter that Russian leader Yuri Andropov wrote to Samantha Smith, an American fifth-grader from Manchester, Mai…
60 years after Elvis’ recording of the song that launched his career, find out facts about the iconic entertainer that might surprise you.
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Researchers investigating the “27 club” legend found that famous musicians live faster and die younger—just not necessarily at 27.
Find out about Freddie Mercury, the inspiration for today’s Google Doodle, and other famous people who helped put a face on the HIV and AIDS crisis.
On July 23, Amy Winehouse became the latest in a long list of musicians who died at 27.