- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Scientists Reconstruct Dinosaur Chase in 3-D
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Terra Cotta Army
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
With the world anxiously watching, Apollo 13, a U.S. lunar spacecraft that suffered a severe malfunction on its journey to the moon, safely returns to Earth. On…
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Researchers investigating the “27 club” legend found that famous musicians live faster and die younger—just not necessarily at 27.
Find out about Freddie Mercury, the inspiration for today’s Google Doodle, and other famous people who helped put a face on the HIV and AIDS crisis.
On July 23, Amy Winehouse became the latest in a long list of musicians who died at 27.