- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1959, on New York City's Fifth Avenue, thousands of people line up outside a bizarrely shaped white concrete building that resembled a giant…
60 years after Elvis’ recording of the song that launched his career, find out facts about the iconic entertainer that might surprise you.
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Researchers investigating the “27 club” legend found that famous musicians live faster and die younger—just not necessarily at 27.
Find out about Freddie Mercury, the inspiration for today’s Google Doodle, and other famous people who helped put a face on the HIV and AIDS crisis.
On July 23, Amy Winehouse became the latest in a long list of musicians who died at 27.