- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Jimmy Hoffa disappears, 1975
On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard…
60 years after Elvis’ recording of the song that launched his career, find out facts about the iconic entertainer that might surprise you.
As we mark the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ first visit to the United States, take a look back at how the Fab Four conquered American pop culture.
As we remember this music legend, check out some surprising facts about this iconic event.
Researchers investigating the “27 club” legend found that famous musicians live faster and die younger—just not necessarily at 27.
Find out about Freddie Mercury, the inspiration for today’s Google Doodle, and other famous people who helped put a face on the HIV and AIDS crisis.
On July 23, Amy Winehouse became the latest in a long list of musicians who died at 27.