- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Nixon’s “Western White House” Listed for $75 Million
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
A Napoleon memorabilia auction this past weekend brought in $12.5 million and proved the enduring interest in the French emperor.
On the 200th anniversary of his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Seventy years ago, what many consider the last major cavalry charge took place in the Soviet Union.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
As Egypt formally asks Germany to return the famous Nefertiti bust, find out about the other artifacts the country hopes to repatriate.