- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- Peru Plans First Contact with Isolated Amazonian Tribe
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
This Day in History
On August 3, 1958, the U.S. nuclear submarine Nautilus accomplishes the first undersea voyage to the geographic North Pole. The world’s first nuclear submarine,…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Two centuries after Napoleon met his Waterloo, learn seven surprising facts about one of the most significant battles in European history.
A Napoleon memorabilia auction this past weekend brought in $12.5 million and proved the enduring interest in the French emperor.
Two centuries after his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
Take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Seventy years ago, what many consider the last major cavalry charge took place in the Soviet Union.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
As Egypt formally asks Germany to return the famous Nefertiti bust, find out about the other artifacts the country hopes to repatriate.