- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- Who was Stand Watie?
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Two centuries after Napoleon met his Waterloo, learn seven surprising facts about one of the most significant battles in European history.
A Napoleon memorabilia auction this past weekend brought in $12.5 million and proved the enduring interest in the French emperor.
Two centuries after his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
Take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Seventy years ago, what many consider the last major cavalry charge took place in the Soviet Union.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
As Egypt formally asks Germany to return the famous Nefertiti bust, find out about the other artifacts the country hopes to repatriate.