- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under…
A Napoleon memorabilia auction this past weekend brought in $12.5 million and proved the enduring interest in the French emperor.
On the 200th anniversary of his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Seventy years ago, what many consider the last major cavalry charge took place in the Soviet Union.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
As Egypt formally asks Germany to return the famous Nefertiti bust, find out about the other artifacts the country hopes to repatriate.