- The Last Hours of the Nixon Presidency, 40 Years Ago
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- The Twin Towers High-Wire Walk, 40 Years Ago
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- The Battle of Mobile Bay, 150 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Alfred Hitchcock
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The modern United States receives its crowning star when President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a proclamation admitting Hawaii into the Union as the 50th state. …
On the 200th anniversary of his first exile, discover six illuminating facts about the ostentatious French emperor.
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Seventy years ago, what many consider the last major cavalry charge took place in the Soviet Union.
Trace Napoleon’s route through Russia on the 200th anniversary of his disastrous invasion.
As a financial crisis destabilizes the European Union, explore past attempts to unify the continent.
As Egypt formally asks Germany to return the famous Nefertiti bust, find out about the other artifacts the country hopes to repatriate.