- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Waterloo
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the War of 1812
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of Bunker Hill
- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
This Day in History
On this day in 1995, the American space shuttle Atlantis docks with the Russian space station Mir to form the largest man-made satellite ever to orbit the Earth…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Category: Natural Disasters
Two hundred thirty-five years after the daytime skies darkened over New England, learn how a mysterious weather phenomenon convinced many Americans that the end of days was at hand.
A natural cave found near the source of the deadly 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami has revealed the footprints of past gigantic waves going back some 7,500 years.