- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- Bodies of Japanese WWII Soldiers Found in Island Caves
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
With the world anxiously watching, Apollo 13, a U.S. lunar spacecraft that suffered a severe malfunction on its journey to the moon, safely returns to Earth. On…
Category: Nelson Mandela
On the 25th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s release from prison, learn how South Africa’s famous anti-apartheid campaigner finally became a free man.
As the world mourns the death of Nelson Mandela, take a look back at the “pop star’s welcome” he received upon first visiting the United States in 1990.
The South African activist and former president led the struggle against apartheid and became a global advocate for human rights.
As the world celebrates his 95th birthday, here’s a look back at the life and legacy of the man known to his fellow South Africans and the world as “Madiba.”