- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Spot an Earth-Size Planet 500 Light-Years Away
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Charlie Chaplin
- Forum Excavations Reveal Rome’s Advanced Age
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Easter Rebellion begins, 1916
On this day in 1916, on Easter Monday in Dublin, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a secret organization of Irish nationalists led by Patrick Pearse, launches t…
Category: Nelson Mandela
As the world mourns the death of Nelson Mandela, take a look back at the “pop star’s welcome” he received upon first visiting the United States in 1990.
The South African activist and former president led the struggle against apartheid and became a global advocate for human rights.
As the world celebrates his 95th birthday, here’s a look back at the life and legacy of the man known to his fellow South Africans and the world as “Madiba.”