- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Alfred Hitchcock
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Krakatau explodes, 1883
The most powerful volcanic eruption in recorded history occurs on Krakatau (also called Krakatoa), a small, uninhabited volcanic island located west of Sumatra …
Category: Nelson Mandela
As the world mourns the death of Nelson Mandela, take a look back at the “pop star’s welcome” he received upon first visiting the United States in 1990.
The South African activist and former president led the struggle against apartheid and became a global advocate for human rights.
As the world celebrates his 95th birthday, here’s a look back at the life and legacy of the man known to his fellow South Africans and the world as “Madiba.”