- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- Amphipolis Tomb May Belong to Alexander the Great’s Mother
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1890, an act of Congress creates Yosemite National Park, home of such natural wonders as Half Dome and the giant sequoia trees. Environmental tra…
Category: Nelson Mandela
As the world mourns the death of Nelson Mandela, take a look back at the “pop star’s welcome” he received upon first visiting the United States in 1990.
The South African activist and former president led the struggle against apartheid and became a global advocate for human rights.
As the world celebrates his 95th birthday, here’s a look back at the life and legacy of the man known to his fellow South Africans and the world as “Madiba.”