- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- U.S. Air Force Closes the Book on UFOs, 45 Years Ago
- Egyptian Cemetery May Contain a Million Mummies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1895, the world's first commercial movie screening takes place at the Grand Cafe in Paris. The film was made by Louis and Auguste Lumiere, t…
Category: New Orleans
Explore the history behind six of the most famous Mardi Gras traditions, New Orleans-style.
As Mardi Gras bacchanalia break out in New Orleans and elsewhere, get the facts about this raucous affair.