- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Amphipolis Tomb May Belong to Alexander the Great’s Mother
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1890, an act of Congress creates Yosemite National Park, home of such natural wonders as Half Dome and the giant sequoia trees. Environmental tra…
On what would have been the publisher’s 150th birthday, here are eight things you should know about William Randolph Hearst.
As journalists mourn the death of former New York Times publisher Arthur O. Sulzberger, explore the lives of seven influential media moguls.
Forty years after burglars were arrested at the Watergate complex, find out what happened to key players in the ensuing scandal.
On the 40th anniversary of their leak to the public, the Pentagon Papers have been declassified and released in their entirety.
Find out how newspapers reported on the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, which killed nearly 150 New York City workers and helped expose poor working conditions 100 years ago.