- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Iraq invades Kuwait, 1990
At about 2 a.m. local time, Iraqi forces invade Kuwait, Iraq's tiny, oil-rich neighbor. Kuwait's defense forces were rapidly overwhelmed, and those th…
Category: Origin of the Universe
New findings announced this week support the theory that the universe underwent a fast and furious expansion just a fraction of a second after the Big Bang.
The universe started out as a hot, soupy liquid, according to simulations of its earliest moments conducted with the help of the world’s largest particle accelerator.