- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Easter Rebellion begins, 1916
On this day in 1916, on Easter Monday in Dublin, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a secret organization of Irish nationalists led by Patrick Pearse, launches t…
Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day by meeting eight famous swashbucklers you wouldn’t want to cross.
On Wednesday, divers hauled an 8-foot-long, 2,000-pound cannon from the site where Queen Anne’s Revenge sank nearly 300 years ago.
September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, a time for parroting the lively lingo supposedly spoken by yesterday’s buccaneers.
A team in North Carolina is working to recover a 3,000-pound anchor from Blackbeard’s flagship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, which ran aground in 1718.