- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Barbie makes her debut, 1959
On this day in 1959, the first Barbie doll goes on display at the American Toy Fair in New York City. Eleven inches tall, with a waterfall of blond hair, Barbie…
On the 80th anniversary of the 21st Amendment’s ratification, look back at America’s surprising reaction to the end of Prohibition.
During Prohibition, which took effect 93 years ago this week, many doctors boosted their practices by doling out medicinal alcohol.
After a century-long ban, France has legalized absinthe, a potion with a rich history that artists once prized for its supposed hallucinogenic effects.