- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
- The Other Targets of Booth’s Murder Conspiracy
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1983, the Soviet Union releases a letter that Russian leader Yuri Andropov wrote to Samantha Smith, an American fifth-grader from Manchester, Mai…
Ninety-five years after its inception, learn 10 fascinating facts about America’s nearly 14-year “noble experiment” in alcohol prohibition.
On the 80th anniversary of the 21st Amendment’s ratification, look back at America’s surprising reaction to the end of Prohibition.
During Prohibition, which took effect 93 years ago this week, many doctors boosted their practices by doling out medicinal alcohol.
After a century-long ban, France has legalized absinthe, a potion with a rich history that artists once prized for its supposed hallucinogenic effects.