- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 23, 2002, about 50 Chechen rebels storm a Moscow theater, taking up to 700 people hostage during a sold-out performance of a popular musical. The sec…
A North Carolina woman claims to have discovered two lost Egyptian pyramid complexes using Google Earth.
A trove of ceremonial offerings has been discovered under Teotihuacan’s Pyramid of the Sun, archaeologists announced Tuesday.
Satellites 400 miles above earth have revealed numerous ancient sites across Egypt, including 17 pyramids, 1,000 tombs and 3,100 settlements.
New research suggests that Mesoamerican pyramids like the Maya temple Kukulkan were designed to produce sophisticated acoustic effects, including the chirp of a sacred bird.