- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- The Royal Diet of Richard III Revealed
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
Category: Puerto Rico
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.