- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- History’s Biggest Art Heist Remains Unsolved, 25 Years Later
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- After 400 Years, Investigators Find Remains of Cervantes, Don Quixote’s Creator
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Reagan shot, 1981
On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by a deranged drifter named John Hinckley Jr. The president ha…
Category: Queen Elizabeth II
Get the facts on the complicated family history of Britain’s newest royal arrival.
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby has put pressure on the British government to change centuries-old rules of royal succession.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
As the United Kingdom celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, explore the extraordinary life and 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
The nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana have come to represent the archetypal royal wedding, but there are some ways in which the event broke the mold.