- Chemist Solves Lincoln Funeral Train Mystery
- Lost World War II Bomber Crew Found After 69 Years
- Why the Founder of Mother's Day Turned Against It
- Hanging Gardens Existed, but not in Babylon
- One World Trade Center Reaches Historic Heights
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Has Jimmy Hoffa Finally Been Found?
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Brooklyn Bridge opens, 1883
After 14 years and 27 deaths while being constructed, the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River is opened, connecting the great cities of New York and Brooklyn fo…
Category: Queen Elizabeth II
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby has put pressure on the British government to change centuries-old rules of royal succession.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
As the United Kingdom celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, explore the extraordinary life and 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
The nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana have come to represent the archetypal royal wedding, but there are some ways in which the event broke the mold.