- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
USS commissioned, 1954
The USS Nautilus, the world's first nuclear submarine, is commissioned by the U.S. Navy. The Nautilus was constructed under the direction of U.S. Navy Capt…
Category: Queen Elizabeth II
Get the facts on the complicated family history of Britain’s newest royal arrival.
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby has put pressure on the British government to change centuries-old rules of royal succession.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
As the United Kingdom celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, explore the extraordinary life and 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
The nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana have come to represent the archetypal royal wedding, but there are some ways in which the event broke the mold.