- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holid…
Category: Queen Elizabeth II
Get the facts on the complicated family history of Britain’s newest royal arrival.
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby has put pressure on the British government to change centuries-old rules of royal succession.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
As the United Kingdom celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, explore the extraordinary life and 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
The nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana have come to represent the archetypal royal wedding, but there are some ways in which the event broke the mold.