- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Wars of the Roses
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, the British newspaper The London Observer publishes British lawyer Peter Benenson’s article “The Forgotten Prisoners” on its front page, la…
Category: Queen Elizabeth II
Get the facts on the complicated family history of Britain’s newest royal arrival.
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby has put pressure on the British government to change centuries-old rules of royal succession.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
As the United Kingdom celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, explore the extraordinary life and 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.
The nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana have come to represent the archetypal royal wedding, but there are some ways in which the event broke the mold.