- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Gunfire Erupts Inside U.S. Capitol, 60 Years Ago
- From King Cake to Zulu Coconuts: The History of 6 Mardi Gras Traditions
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Paul McCartney knighted, 1997
On this day in 1997, Paul McCartney, a former member of the most successful rock band in history, The Beatles, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his "…
Category: Queen Victoria
On the 175th anniversary of her coronation, here are five things you may not know about the iconic monarch.
An American holiday tradition was launched by a fashionable British queen celebrating an old German custom.
As the United Kingdom celebrates the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth II, take a look back at the country’s last Diamond Jubilee—Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
Find out about Robert Moore, whose body was found near Buckingham Palace, and others with unhealthy royal fixations.