- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Dr. Seuss
- Gunfire Erupts Inside U.S. Capitol, 60 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Rebellion in Tibet, 1959
On this day in 1959, Tibetans band together in revolt, surrounding the summer palace of the Dalai Lama in defiance of Chinese occupation forces. China's oc…
Category: Richard III
Scientists have discovered evidence that the medieval monarch suffered from a parasitic infection.
Researchers have conducted a biomedical analysis of King Richard I’s embalmed heart.
DNA testing has confirmed that the remains found last fall under a parking lot in the English city of Leicester are those of Richard III, the last Plantagenet king of England.
Archaeologists searching for the lost grave of King Richard III might have unearthed his remains in the English city of Leicester.