- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- When Did the “Age of Man” Begin?
- History’s Biggest Art Heist Remains Unsolved, 25 Years Later
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
FDA approves Viagra, 1998
On this day in 1998, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves use of the drug Viagra, an oral medication that treats impotence. Sildenafil, the chemical …
Category: Richard Nixon
Forty years ago, Richard Nixon became the first president to resign from office. Read how his final hours in the White House unfolded.
As panda cub Bao Bao readies for her public debut, look back at the frenzied arrival of the National Zoo’s first giant pandas in 1972.
As the IRS filing deadline approaches, take a closer look at the history of U.S. taxes.
On the 100th anniversary of the birth of Richard Nixon, explore 10 surprising facts about America’s 37th president.
As the Republican and Democratic presidential candidates finally meet face to face, explore seven surprising facts about the history of presidential debates.
As people around the globe celebrate World Handshake Day, explore eight of history’s most famous handshakes.
Forty years after burglars were arrested at the Watergate complex, find out what happened to key players in the ensuing scandal.
New letters reveal that Nixon was as eloquent an admirer as several other famously smitten presidents.
On the 40th anniversary of their leak to the public, the Pentagon Papers have been declassified and released in their entirety.