- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On May 27, 1941, the British navy sinks the German battleship Bismarck in the North Atlantic near France. The German death toll was more than 2,000. On February…
Category: San Francisco
On the centennial of the 1915 World’s Fair in San Francisco, take a virtual tour through some of its most popular—and most unusual—attractions.
The so-called “Titanic of the Golden Gate” has laid covered in mud for over a century.
On the 155th anniversary of Joshua Norton crowning himself “Emperor of the United States,” learn more about the unusual life and “reign” of one of America’s most famous eccentrics.
On the 50th anniversary of the closing of America’s most infamous prison, explore 10 surprising facts about Alcatraz.