- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- The Miracle on Ice, 35 Years Ago
- 10 Top Draws of San Francisco’s 1915 World’s Fair
- Scientists Blame Gerbils (Not Rats) for the Black Death
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
Category: San Francisco
On the centennial of the 1915 World’s Fair in San Francisco, take a virtual tour through some of its most popular—and most unusual—attractions.
The so-called “Titanic of the Golden Gate” has laid covered in mud for over a century.
On the 155th anniversary of Joshua Norton crowning himself “Emperor of the United States,” learn more about the unusual life and “reign” of one of America’s most famous eccentrics.
On the 50th anniversary of the closing of America’s most infamous prison, explore 10 surprising facts about Alcatraz.