- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Forgotten Capitals of the United States
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, amusement park lovers “head for the thrills” as Six Flags Over Texas, the first park in the Six Flags chain, opens. Located on 212 acres in…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Ninety-five years after players from the Chicago White Sox allegedly threw the 1919 World Series, learn the story behind one of professional baseball’s most notorious scandals.
On the 145th anniversary of Jim Fisk and Jay Gould’s attempt to corner the U.S. gold market, learn more about one of the 19th century’s most infamous financial scandals.
Forty years after burglars were arrested at the Watergate complex, find out what happened to key players in the ensuing scandal.
On the 40th anniversary of their leak to the public, the Pentagon Papers have been declassified and released in their entirety.