- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- New Richard III Mystery Comes to Light
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Ability to Digest Alcohol Played Key Role in Human Evolution
- One of Shakespeare’s Rare First Folios Discovered in French Library
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
First airplane flies, 1903
Near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville and Wilbur Wright make the first successful flight in history of a self-propelled, heavier-than-air aircraft. Orville p…
On September 18, Scottish voters will go to the polls to decide the future of their country.
Ragtag Scottish forces routed a large English army 700 years ago today at the Battle of Bannockburn, paving the way for the kingdom’s independence.
A note of recommendation issued by King Philip IV of France and possibly carried by William Wallace will go on display this August at the Scottish Parliament.
Was Scottish knight William Wallace of “Braveheart” fame the inspiration behind the legend of Robin Hood?