- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On May 27, 1941, the British navy sinks the German battleship Bismarck in the North Atlantic near France. The German death toll was more than 2,000. On February…
A 170-million-year-old fossil found on Scotland’s Isle of Skye represents a newly identified species of prehistoric marine reptile, researchers say.
On September 18, Scottish voters will go to the polls to decide the future of their country.
Ragtag Scottish forces routed a large English army 700 years ago today at the Battle of Bannockburn, paving the way for the kingdom’s independence.
A note of recommendation issued by King Philip IV of France and possibly carried by William Wallace will go on display this August at the Scottish Parliament.
Was Scottish knight William Wallace of “Braveheart” fame the inspiration behind the legend of Robin Hood?