- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1901, a 63-year-old schoolteacher named Annie Edson Taylor becomes the first person to take the plunge over Niagara Falls in a barrel. After her…
On September 18, Scottish voters will go to the polls to decide the future of their country.
Ragtag Scottish forces routed a large English army 700 years ago today at the Battle of Bannockburn, paving the way for the kingdom’s independence.
A note of recommendation issued by King Philip IV of France and possibly carried by William Wallace will go on display this August at the Scottish Parliament.
Was Scottish knight William Wallace of “Braveheart” fame the inspiration behind the legend of Robin Hood?