- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- The Hunley’s Daring Submarine Mission, 150 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Bayer patents aspirin, 1899
On this day in 1899, the Imperial Patent Office in Berlin registers Aspirin, the brand name for acetylsalicylic acid, on behalf of the German pharmaceutical com…
A note of recommendation issued by King Philip IV of France and possibly carried by William Wallace will go on display this August at the Scottish Parliament.
Was Scottish knight William Wallace of “Braveheart” fame the inspiration behind the legend of Robin Hood?