- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- Japanese Mega-Submarine From WWII Discovered off Hawaii
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1980, American oil tycoon Armand Hammer pays $5,126,000 at auction for a notebook containing writings by the legendary artist Leonardo da Vinci. …
With Oscar buzz building around “12 Years a Slave,” find out more about the mysterious life of protagonist Solomon Northup.
On the 175th anniversary of the escape of Frederick Douglass from slavery, look back at how the famed abolitionist became a free man.
One hundred fifty years after Abraham Lincoln issued his preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, explore five facts about the 16th U.S. president and his policies on slavery.
Bidders can take home a rare piece of history on Tuesday when a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abraham Lincoln goes up for auction.
A building in Williamsburg, Virginia, might be the oldest existing structure associated with black education in the United States.