- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Mandela Becomes a Free Man, 25 Years Ago
- 6 Surprising Facts About St. Valentine
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1827, a group of masked and costumed students dance through the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana, marking the beginning of the city's famou…
Category: St. Patrick's Day
A century after St. Patrick, another Irish saint embarked on a legendary voyage that some believe took him to North America.
When General George Washington needed to boost sagging patriot morale, he enlisted a rarely celebrated holiday—St. Patrick’s Day—to the cause.
Before you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, get your facts straight by exploring common misconceptions about the holiday.