- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
- Peru Plans First Contact with Isolated Amazonian Tribe
This Day in History
Iraq invades Kuwait, 1990
At about 2 a.m. local time, Iraqi forces invade Kuwait, Iraq’s tiny, oil-rich neighbor. Kuwait’s defense forces were rapidly overwhelmed, and those that were no…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Forty years ago, New York awoke to find Philippe Petit walking on a wire between the 110-story Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.
Over 50 years ago, Joe Kittinger rode a balloon 102,800 feet up to the edge of space. Then he jumped out.
As Nik Wallenda attempts to cross the gorge on a tightrope, explore the history of Niagara Falls and the daring stunts it has witnessed.