- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Edward VIII abdicates, 1936
After ruling for less than one year, Edward VIII becomes the first English monarch to voluntarily abdicate the throne. He chose to abdicate after the British go…
Archaeologists at Xultún, a Maya site in Guatemala, have discovered walls with paintings and writing, including calculations related to the Maya calendar.
One of history’s most famous doomsday predictions might rely on a faulty translation of an ancient Mayan tablet.
The prediction that the world will end on May 21, 2011, is the latest chapter in a long history of apocalyptic beliefs.
Explore the history of Friday the 13th and find out whether this widely reviled day deserves its bad rap.