- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York explodes in midair over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members aboar…
As part of the U.S. Open’s third annual Military Appreciation Day, the tennis world remembers Joe Hunt, who won a dramatic victory in the 1943 men’s championship.
On the 40th anniversary of the so-called “Battle of the Sexes” tennis match, take a look back at Billie Jean King’s straight-sets victory over self-proclaimed male chauvinist Bobby Riggs.
As play begins at Wimbledon 2012, explore nine surprising facts about the world’s most prestigious tennis tournament.
One hundred years ago, Tennis Hall of Famers Dick Williams and Karl Behr survived the most famous shipwreck in history.