- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1957, the United States detonates a 1.7 kiloton nuclear weapon in an underground tunnel at the Nevada Test Site (NTS), a 1,375 square mile resear…
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.