- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1961, the British newspaper The London Observer publishes British lawyer Peter Benenson’s article “The Forgotten Prisoners” on its front page, la…
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.