- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Lincoln’s Hard-Fought Civil War Re-Election, 150 Years Ago
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1980, 350 million people around the world tune in to television's popular primetime drama "Dallas" to find out who shot J.R. Ewing…
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.