- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- Researchers Unlock Key to Reading Damaged Scrolls From Pompeii Disaster
- Audie Murphy’s World War II Heroics, 70 Years Ago
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Oxford Dictionary debuts, 1884
On this day in 1884, the first portion, or fascicle, of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), considered the most comprehensive and accurate dictionary of the En…
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.