- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Massive Icebergs Once Reached Florida Coast
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pablo Picasso born, 1881
Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain. Picasso's father was a professor of drawing,…
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.
More U.S. civilians died in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which took place 25 years ago from Saturday, than in any other terrorist attack except 9/11.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.