- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Look back 90 years ago at the humble origins of an American holiday tradition—the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The annual Thanksgiving ritual of granting presidential pardons to White House turkeys is not as hallowed as you may think.
On the 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Proclamation, get the full story behind one of America’s favorite holidays.
As America celebrates Thanksgiving, explore the real history of the Pilgrims’ purported landing place—Plymouth Rock.
Discover five things about the hosts of the first Thanksgiving that might come as a surprise.