- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1884, in Washington, D.C., workers place a nine-inch aluminum pyramid atop a tower of white marble, completing the construction of an impressive …
Category: Theodore Roosevelt
As the 155th anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt’s birth nears, discover 10 surprising facts about America’s 26th president.
From Franklin’s brushes with death to Eleanor’s midnight ride with Amelia Earhart, here are 10 things you may not know about this presidential pair.
A former president, a current president, a future president and a Socialist Party candidate all sought the White House 100 years ago.
One hundred years ago, Theodore Roosevelt delivered a 90-minute speech moments after being shot in the chest.
As the NFL season kicks off, look back at football’s brutal beginnings and President Theodore Roosevelt’s quest to save the sport from abolition.
Did you know that the Rough Riders didn’t really ride and that Guam’s capture was surprisingly peaceful?
New letters reveal that Nixon was as eloquent an admirer as several other famously smitten presidents.
This Presidents’ Day, check out the obstacles that five of our commanders-in-chief overcame on their way to the Oval Office.