- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
Category: Theodore Roosevelt
As the 155th anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt’s birth nears, discover 10 surprising facts about America’s 26th president.
From Franklin’s brushes with death to Eleanor’s midnight ride with Amelia Earhart, here are 10 things you may not know about this presidential pair.
A former president, a current president, a future president and a Socialist Party candidate all sought the White House 100 years ago.
One hundred years ago, Theodore Roosevelt delivered a 90-minute speech moments after being shot in the chest.
As the NFL season kicks off, look back at football’s brutal beginnings and President Theodore Roosevelt’s quest to save the sport from abolition.
Did you know that the Rough Riders didn’t really ride and that Guam’s capture was surprisingly peaceful?
New letters reveal that Nixon was as eloquent an admirer as several other famously smitten presidents.
This Presidents’ Day, check out the obstacles that five of our commanders-in-chief overcame on their way to the Oval Office.