- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- How the Civil War Stalked Wilmer McLean
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, lau…
Category: This Year in History
Take a look back at some of the most compelling stories of 2013, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As 2012 comes to an end, explore some of the year’s stories, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As the year comes to an end, explore the top History in the Headlines stories published in 2011, from breaking news to special features.
As 2011 prepares to make its arrival, we take a look at some of the most exciting and consequential stories from this year in history.