- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Evidence of Gruesome Ancient Ritual Unearthed in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He would remain on the Supreme Court for 2…
Category: This Year in History
Take a look back at some of the most compelling stories of 2013, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As 2012 comes to an end, explore some of the year’s stories, as covered by History in the Headlines.
As the year comes to an end, explore the top History in the Headlines stories published in 2011, from breaking news to special features.
As 2011 prepares to make its arrival, we take a look at some of the most exciting and consequential stories from this year in history.