- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Nixon’s “Western White House” Listed for $75 Million
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California, killing hundreds of people as it topples numerous …
Category: Thomas Jefferson
A potential error in the official transcript of the Declaration of Independence may have led to a misunderstanding of the Founding Fathers’ intent.
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
On the 225th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution, explore seven surprising facts about the framers and the Constitutional Convention.
This Presidents’ Day, check out the obstacles that five of our commanders-in-chief overcame on their way to the Oval Office.
Dozens of books that once belonged to Thomas Jefferson have surfaced at Washington University in St. Louis, where they have been keeping a low profile for 131 years.