- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Gunfire Erupts Inside U.S. Capitol, 60 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- From King Cake to Zulu Coconuts: The History of 6 Mardi Gras Traditions
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Paul McCartney knighted, 1997
On this day in 1997, Paul McCartney, a former member of the most successful rock band in history, The Beatles, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his "…
Category: Thomas Jefferson
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
On the 225th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution, explore seven surprising facts about the framers and the Constitutional Convention.
This Presidents’ Day, check out the obstacles that five of our commanders-in-chief overcame on their way to the Oval Office.
Dozens of books that once belonged to Thomas Jefferson have surfaced at Washington University in St. Louis, where they have been keeping a low profile for 131 years.