- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1876, 29-year-old Alexander Graham Bell receives a patent for his revolutionary new invention--the telephone. The Scottish-born Bell worked in Lo…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.