- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
"The Mousetrap," a murder-mystery written by the novelist and playwright Agatha Christie, opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London. The crowd-pleasi…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.