- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- 6 Myths About the Battle of New Orleans
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Scientists Identify Scottish Fossil as Jurassic-Age “Marine Lizard”
- Archaeologists Discover Egyptian Tombs Belonging to Osiris and a Long-Forgotten Queen
- Encampment Discovered Near Stonehenge Could “Rewrite British History,” Experts Say
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On January 25, 1905, at the Premier Mine in Pretoria, South Africa, a 3,106-carat diamond is discovered during a routine inspection by the mine's superinte…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.