- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Jimmy Hoffa disappears, 1975
On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.