- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 20, 1947, the notorious Red Scare kicks into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee begins investigating Communist influence in one of…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.