- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- Massive Icebergs Once Reached Florida Coast
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Welles scares nation, 1938
Orson Welles causes a nationwide panic with his broadcast of "War of the Worlds"—a realistic radio dramatization of a Martian invasion of Earth. Orson…
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.