- Baby Found Hidden in Coffin of Mummified Swedish Bishop
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 8 Things You Should Know About Checkpoint Charlie
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria
- Who was Stand Watie?
- 1,500 Years Later, Killer Animal Elevator Returns to Colosseum
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
An Arizona chemist has solved a historical mystery by determining the color of the railroad car that transported Abraham Lincoln’s body almost 150 years ago.
As we celebrate its centennial, here are 10 things you should know about this New York landmark.
On the 150th anniversary of its first ride, explore 10 facts about the world’s first underground railway.
As millions of Americans hit the road for the holiday, take a look back at the first cross-country road trip in 1903.